The White Plains Council of Neighborhood Associations (WPCNA) coordinates the neighborhood associations in White Plains, NY.
Its purpose is to enhance the quality of life in the City, and in particular, in its neighborhoods.
As an advisory council, the WPCNA functions by disseminating information and opinion to the public and public officials, and by encouraging local action.
Its monthly meetings bring together both representatives from the member associations, who come to discuss the citywide issues impacting their neighborhoods, and unaffiliated White Plains residents, who come to voice individual concerns.
The WPCNA encourages members to develop and share resources and activities to benefit the people of White Plains.
June Monthly Meeting: Meet Key Public Safety Officers
The June Meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 7:30 pm at Education House, 5 Homeside Lane. Come meet Key Public Safety Officers in Charge of Traffic, Criminal Investigations and Addressing Crime and Homelessness in Our City
- Captain Joseph Castelli, Commanding Officer, Criminal Investigations
- Captain Nicholas Kralik, Commanding Officer, Traffic Division
- Lieutenant James Spencer, Commanding Officer, Community Advocacy and Strategic Initiatives Unit (CASI)
WPCNA Co-President Bill Brady says:
While the Department of Public Safety has reported that crime is down in White Plains, we continue to see speeding vehicle and crashes in our neighborhoods, see and hear about violent crimes and drug activity in our downtown and witness the troubling reality of homelessness on our streets and in our parks. WPCNA invites residents to ask questions and hear how our City is addressing old and new challenges in our evolving and growing City.
Plan to arrive early to get a good seat and allow time for audience participation and networking.
The meeting is open to the public -- bring your friends and neighbors -- and will start promptly at 7:30 pm. Light refreshments will be served.
This is sure to be a lively evening so please come early to allow time for audience participation and networking.
1. Annual WPCNA dues for 2017 are still only $25. Neighborhood association delegates should bring a check payable to WPCNA to the meeting or mail their check to WPCNA/Tom Osbeck PO Box 602 White Plains NY 10602. One check per association.
2. 2017 Meeting Schedule 1/10/2017, 2/15/2017, 3/14/2017, 4/18,2017, 5/9,2017, 6/13/2017, 9/12/2017, 10/10/2017, 11/14/2017, 12/12/2017. All meetings are second Tuesdays, except 4/18/2017 which is the third Tuesday.
If you'd like to speak or have a suggestion for a future WPCNA meeting, please let us know.
- To subscribe to the WPCNA (low volume) newsletter, use the opt-in form.
- To communicate with the WPCNA, please use our contact form.