February Monthly Meeting: The State of Real Estate in White Plains
The February Meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 7:30 pm at Education House, 5 Homeside Lane, White Plains, NY. Our guests will be Gary Leogrande, Broker of Record at Keller Williams NY Realty in White Plains, and J. Philip Faranda, Broker and Owner of J. Philip Real Estate LLC based in Briarcliff. Gary and Phil will discuss “The State of Real Estate in White Plains.” WPCNA Secretary and Keller Williams Realtor® Ruthmarie Hicks will moderate and contribute to the discussion.
Real estate is a hot button issue for most Neighborhood Association members in White Plains. Single family home, condo, and co-op owners want to know:
- Real estate prices keep moving up. Are we in a bubble? Is it about to burst?
- Neighboring communities have recently done assessment revaluations. What’s up in White Plains? How would a reval effect me?
- Is this a good time to grieve my property taxes? Recommendations? Deadlines?
- There are many empty stores downtown. Is the City going South? Should I be worried?
- The schools in Westchester are top notch and very competitive. What’s the perception of buyers about our school system?
- How will the new Federal policies re taxes, immigration, infrastructure, etc. affect me as a homeowner?
GARY LEOGRANDE was voted Realtor of the Year for the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors. He is a past president of the Hudson Gateway MLS, and now serves as the Director of the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors (HGMLS). Gary is also a certified NY State instructor for new Salesperson and Broker licensing, Fair Housing, Ethics and other continuing education courses.
J. PHILIP FARANDA has been a member of Zillow's Agent Advisory Board since 2012, and has served as Tech Chairperson for the NY Association of Realtors. A past President of the Hudson Gateway MLS, he has contributed to ABC World News, The NY Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, Yahoo Finance and other media outlets. A prolific blogger, he also co-hosts "Real Estate Talk" on WOR AM.
RUTHMARIE HICKS, a WPCNA Board Member and the Moderator for this Meeting, is a licensed real estate salesperson with Keller Williams serving lower and middle Westchester. An entrepreneurial professional with a Ph.D. in Immunology from Albert Einstein College of Medicine, she is the sole proprietor of Fotos on the Fly, which provides real estate, commercial and fine arts photography.
The meeting is open to the public -- bring your friends, neighbors, and questions -- and will start promptly at 7:30 pm. Light refreshments will be served.
This is sure to be a lively evening so please come early to get a good seat, and allow time for audience participation and networking.
1. Annual WPCNA dues for 2018 are still only $25. Neighborhood association delegates should bring a check payable to WPCNA to the meeting or mail their check to WPCNA/Tom Osbeck PO Box 602 White Plains NY 10602. One check per association.
2. 2018 Meeting Schedule 1/9/2018, 2/13/2018, 3/13/2018, 4/10/2018, 5/8/2018, 6/12/2018, 9/11/2018, 10/9/2018, 11/13/2018, 12/11/2018. All meetings are second Tuesdays.
If you'd like to speak or have a suggestion for a future WPCNA meeting, please let us know.